3M Command Strips and Evaporative Coolers

Command 17203 Small and Medium Picture Hanging StripsMy sister-in-law uses the 3M Command Strips for just about every picture she has on her walls. She loves them... so when we bought and moved into our new house, I bought them too. My sister-in-law has central air - which I now see plays a HUGE part in how well the strips work on the wall.

My strips have worked well for the most part. I put them up in March when we moved in and they- that is until we turned on our  have done well holding up our pictures - that is until this last week. We've had our evaporative cooler (swamp cooler) turned on for the summer for about the last month. Apparently having moist air circulating throughout the house for a few weeks, especially in the hallway where said pictures are hung, is not good for the adhesives found on the 3M Command strips. Now it looks like I'm going to have to put holes in my walls to display my pictures! Argh!!! Talk about frustration!!!

Summary of my decorating tip for the day? If you have an evaporative cooler (or swamp cooler) and you want to use the 3M Command strips to hang pictures on your wall, be very cautious as it may cause the strips to loose their adhesiveness and pictures to fall off the walls!

Comments

Popular Posts