Fly Lady and folding Laundry

First off, I should give a disclaimer that I have never read anything specifically by "Fly Lady" - I've just read of her philosophy on other sites, articles, books. Anyway, one day (April 5 if you want to get technical) I was feeling particularly lazy and had been in a housecleaning rut for a few weeks. I decided to just set the timer on my cell phone for 15 minutes and race against myself to see how much laundry I could get folded in that amount of time. Surprisingly.... I folded the ENTIRE basket of laundry (everything you see folded on the bed) within that 15 minute time frame.


So now when I need to jump start my day, I set the timer on my cell phone for 15 minutes and race against myself to see how much I can get done before the timer goes off. And when the timer goes off, I do something fun for myself for the next 15 minutes before I go back to work. And if I don't get myself pulled away from my fun activity, at least I know I did some 'work' before I 'played' and that it is visible work that has been completed so that Tips doesn't come home and think I've been glued to the computer or my book all day.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Hi Mrs. Tips! I too have gathered some real inspiration from Fly Lady. The timer trick really works for me! I know how long different chores take, and then when my whole house is a wreck I know how to make the biggest impact in the shortest amount of time. It's great! Also- I love LOVE your upcycled clothing. You are quite the clever lady! And are very inspiring!

Popular Posts